Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Nativity on BBC1

One of the historical consultants explains that her Role was to ignore historical veracity.


'Of course, acting as historical consultant on a retelling of the birth stories is quite a tall order. Like most biblical scholars I’m rather sceptical of the historical veractiy of the stories as they now appear in Matthew and Luke. My brief, though, was to put my uncertainties to one side, to accept a broadly harmonised story-line, and simply to add local detail and colour where I could.'

I suppose this is a bit like getting Sir Richard Attenborough as a consultant on 'Ice Age.

But he is a real scholar,not a Bible scholar,so would not 'put his uncertainties' to one side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samphire said...

I suspect that you meant to refer to Sir David Attenborough. Sir Richard would be of more use being consulted about the early history of mummers.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home