Friday, February 27, 2009

Should the Bible be taught in schools?

Andrew Motion has said that children in British schools should be taught about the Bible.

If children are not taught the Bible, how will they understand British history?

Edward VIII had to abdicate because he wanted to marry a divorced woman.

Why was there a crisis?

Jesus had said 'But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.'

It took a while before Christians learned to read the Bible differently and realise that you were not an adulterer if you married a divorced woman.

1 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

I think this is an interesting question. I suppose that something of the Bible must be taught in order to understand the superstitious and religious hold on politics. I've kind of asked this question myself...

So my question to your question would be, how do you read this differently and come up with the realization that marrying a divorced woman is not adultery?

You can check my blog out to know that I am friend and not foe... This is a serious question.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home